Here’s a bit about Rob:
Mineola High School Mineola, N.Y.– Diploma
C.W. Post College Greenvale, N.Y.– BA Psychology
North Hennepin Community College Minneapolis, Mn.– A.A.S. Law Enforcement
Houston Community College Houston, Tx.– 2yr. Certificate in Jazz Studies
- 1981 Awarded 1st degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- 1997 Awarded 1st degree black belt in Kuk Sool Won
- 2000 Awarded 2nd degree Kuk Sool Won
- 2004 Awarded 3rd degree Kuk Sool Won
- 2004-Present Continued teaching and learning of Kuk Sool Won
- 1982 graduated from the Houston Police Academy
- 1982-1992 Worked in patrol: Writing reports, handling disturbances, investigating accidents and crimes, making arrests.
- 1983-1988 Became a field training and field performance evaluator for new officers coming out of the academy at the Northeast Police Station.
- 1992-2003 Worked in the community services section of the Northeast Station. Educated all levels of school kids on drug awareness, gang activity, personal safety, and gun safety. Also worked with community leaders and businesses regarding crime prevention including practical self defense tactics. Received numerous commendations from the police chief and mayor for service to the community. Certified as a Crime Prevention Specialist (Residential and Commercial).
- 2003-2012 Returned to patrol till retirement.
Rob enjoys music, playing piano professionally at weddings, parties, restaurants etc. He mainly plays jazz and pop as a solo pianist and also with jazz groups.
He also likes to surf and often travels to places like Hawaii, Mexico, Peru, and El Salvador.